Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Where I've been?!!

I know that it has been a while since I have posted but I have a good reason! Rylee and I have been in Alabama at my sisters house since the 19th of Jan. For those of you who don't know my Nephew Quincy found out this last summer that he only had one kidney and that it was in failure. Well this last Thursday ( Jan. 22nd 2009) my sweet, loving & caring sister Heather donated her kidney to my amazing & brave nephew Quincy! The transplant was a success and they are both recovering well. My sister was released from the hospital the day after the surgery and has been at the children's hospital since then with Quincy. She is taking it easy and has been there (along with Kelly my awesome bro-in-law) to help Quincy recover. We are so excited to announce that they are all coming home tomorrow (Thurs. Jan 29th) exactly one week after the surgery! Rylee & I along with my parents have been here with the other 3 kids taking care of them. It has been a blast! The kids have all been so good and have enjoyed playing together, but they are all super excited to have there Mom, Dad & brother home!!! I will post again when I get home and add pictures so you can see everyone and everything that we have been doing!

4 comments:

Lyndsey VanOrden said...

I'm glad to hear everything went well!!!

Bon said...

I am glad things went well. That is a tear jerking and inspiring story. Hope all continue to go well with them!

Kristin said...

I'm so glad that they are recovering well! What a sigh of relief for everyone. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Kristy said...

I'm so happy the surgery went well. And that you had a fun trip! I bet you'll be glad to be home though. Call me when you get setlled back in and we should go for a walk or something! I want to hear all about your trip!