Tuesday, August 4, 2009

4th of July

We had an awesome 4th of July. We had Family, Food & Fun! Who could ask for anything more? We did so many things. I ran a 5k in the morning with my sisters, Brother-in-law and my nephews! It was awesome. I never thought that I would ever be able to do anything like that! My family was so supportive! We all went to the parade and then a BBQ at my parents house (of coarse!!) After that we all hung around and then headed down to the river to snag our spot for the fireworks! We got an awesome spot (thanks to the boys for finding it for us!) We were right in front of where they light the fireworks so we got to see them all! Even the really low ones that are awesome. We ended the evening with some of our own fireworks at mom and dad's house. There is nothing like the 4th of July in Idaho Falls! Dustin and I have had a couple 4th of July's away from IF and it just wasn't the same. I am so grateful to be able to share with my sisters. It made it feel like old times having both of my sisters and my brother there!

6:30 am getting ready to head over to the 5k!
(from left to right: Me, Heather, Katie, Britton, Quincy & Kelly)


The whole gang @ the Parade ( Minis Byron, He had a bum foot and wasn't able to participate in all the festivities. I'm sorry buddy, but I am glad that your foot is better!!)


Quincy, Rylee, Dustin & Mason waiting for the parade to begin


The IFHS float! Tiger Pride!!!


Our friend Whittney with Rylee. She is a Senior @ IFHS this year!


Dustin & Rylee taking a much needed nap after the BBQ


The whole gang at our awesome Fireworks spot!


The Girl's! I made matching shirts for the girls this year. I started with just the star shirts for the little girls, but then I found this cute Independence Day image on the Cricut and I had so make some shirts for Me & my sisters!


Here are all the fireworks that we did at Mom & Dad's after the big fireworks show!

No comments: